Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I have opinions, too

I'm sure everyone has their opinions about happenings around the world every day. I just have pretty much kept my opinions to myself. Up until now. With this blog, I get to let my opinions be known. If some people read my postings, great. If not, oh well. It's not like these postings will change world opinion. But at least I will no longer be among the "silent".

Basically, I'm a Libertarian. I've known I am a Libertarian since my dad first introduced me to Reason magazine in the early 1970's. This year I changed my voting registration to Republican so I can vote for Ron Paul in the Maryland primaries. I'll change my registration back after the primaries.

Are you a Libertarian? Take this short quiz to find out -- http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

The title of my blog expresses my frustration with the current mindset in the U.S. For years it seems most people in the U.S. have been so concerned about living comfortably, that they are completely willing to give up their freedom to do so. They look to the government as their Mommy and Daddy who will take care of them, shelter them from all harm, and provide for their every need. It has only gotten worse since 9/11. My only hope is that it doesn't get completely repressive before it starts to get better.

No comments: